ImageMaster® Lab VR - A Measurement Device for Testing VR Lenses
The ImageMaster® Lab VR was specifically developed for the measurement of VR lenses and VR module qualification. The system measures the MTF, EFL, chromatic abberation and distortion as well as the veiling glare index which is an important figure of merit of VR lenses.
A high contrast programmable display is used as a light source and object generator. The chromatic dependence of all parameters is determined by using the displays´ individual color channels. For MTF measurements with highest accuracy an optional high intensity light source is available.
An automated eyebox simulates the lens behaviour in case the lens is not perfectly centered in front of the eye. Furthermore the eye’s distance to the VR lens and the pupil diameter can be adjusted to the measurement task.
The swiveling telescope performs on and offaxis measurements simulating the rotational movement of the human eye over the entire field of view supporting +/-90°.
- Simulation of human eye
- Measurement possible for various pupil distances and sizes
- Motorized telescope (+/- 2 dioptres)
- Eyebox Scanning
- Measurement possible for various wavelengths (RGB)
- Measurement with high-contrast, programmable display
- Integration of customer display possible
- Upgradeable to high intensity light source
The ImageMaster® Lab VR measures the following parameters:
- Imageplane tilt
- Depth of Focus
- Focal Shift
- Chromatic aberration
- Veiling Glare (only with display)
- Focus distance, virtual image position (on request)